Our Top 10 Favorite Movie Soundtracks
By Lucy F.R.
“Life is beautiful. Really, it is. Full of beauty and illusions. Life is great. Without it, you’d be dead.” -Gummo
What’s a great film without an equally as great soundtrack? (Hint: extremely fucking boring) Even the folks making silent film know that music can pull at your heartstrings more than any image could. Without further ado… Here are a few of our favorite film soundtracks.
- Psycho; composer: Bernard Herrmann
- Requiem For A Dream; composer: Clint Mansell
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974); composers: Wayne Bell and Tobe Hooper
- Insidious: Chapter One; composer: Joseph Bishara
- Pulp Fiction; soundtrack by: Quentin Tarantino
- Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2; soundtrack by: RZA
- Eraserhead; composer: David Lynch (with songs by Fats Waller)
- Natural Born Killers; soundtrack by: Trent Rezner
- Lost River; composer: Johnny Jewel
- Gummo; soundtrack by: Randall Poster